Ham radio digital communications starts with the radio. The Faraday Starter Pack includes the necessary radios to get on the 33cm band at up to 400mW output power using your FCC Part 97 license. We’re opening up ham radio, it’s time to explore.
- Firmware & software released as GPLv3
- Hardware design released under the TAPR Open Hardware License V1.0
Ready to Launch
- FaradayRF provides open source firmware & software to launch Faraday into action on day one
- Learn to build with Faraday using our RESTful API and tutorials
Designed To Go The Distance
- 400mW RF output power tested to 40km (25 miles)
- SMA connector allows improved antenna performance
- One radio unit in the Faraday Starter Pack includes Antennova GPS Module
- Second radio unit in Faraday Starter Pack can be upgraded with a second GPS or purchased as a dual GPS pack
- Micro USB connection powers Faraday from standard USB port
- On-board regulator cleanly switches from USB to external power for remote use
- Up to 9 hours battery life with 9V cell at 1Hz data transmission
Author: Bryce Salmi
Licensed radio amateur KB1LQC and Co-Founder of FaradayRF. Professional Electrical Engineer designing and building avionics for rockets and spacecraft during the day and developing the future of digital amateur radio experimentation by night. All opinions are my own.